Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hidden Valley Curry

Did you know that Ranch Dressing was invented by Hidden Valley Ranch? Yeah, me neither. How ever, it wasn't what it is today. It was a real ranch serving this dressing to guests, then they marketed it and then they made a powder packet you could mix back up anytime. Then, Clorox bought the rights in the '70's for $8,0000,000. At least, that's what wikipedia said. Huh.

So, I know this only because my wife juiced a couple of heads of broccoli--one quart of juice worth! I know, I know, you're thinking that broccoli doesn't seem juicy, but just try it. With all this broccoli juice on hand, I had to think of something tasty. See, last time we juiced broccoli, the end product wasn't...tasty.

So, I'm thinking, "What makes broccoli tasty?" Ranch Dressing, duh. That's why I googled it to find out what makes it so tasty. Turns out it's garlic and green onion. Should also be perfect for kicking butt on this cold that's brewing in my head

So, lets get juicing.

Juice:
2 heads of broccoli
2 potatoes
2 sweet potatoes
2 heads of garlic
1 yellow onion

1 can of coconut milk
Sliced up fresh mushrooms
Favorite curry powders
Some more cumin
A little oregano
Some tarragon leaves
A bit of corn starch mixed with water to thicken
A touch of apple cider vinegar
Oh, and a splash of Honey

I like to slice a couple of chicken breasts real thin and fry them with salt. Then, mix everything together in a deep frying pan--I use a ten inch cast iron pan. Simmer for a while, let those starchy potato juices thicken a bit, serve over hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment