Friday, September 16, 2011

On Bunches

I have a house full of women.

There's a women's conference at the university this weekend, so my wife's mom and sisters and sisters in law all come up and attend together for the two days. I've planning for it, though, and was well prepared: I've been saving three bunches of bananas all week. Kinda feels like when you've been preparing for a sporting event and now it's time to perform and you know you're ready, but there's still the chance that you could be beat. Kinda.

Then, I found a whole gaggle of pears in a dark cupboard, hoping I had forgotten they were there. That's like a fat Gatorade just when the pressure is on. Now I'm cool and ready to juice.

So, I made these two juices, which were good individually, but when I got them together like Hayley Mills it made one super smoothie juice with that particularly pleasant grittiness associated with pears. I think you'll like them all.

Juice:
4 oranges
1 gaggle of pears
A handful of grapes
Enjoy

Juice:
5 peaches
3 bunches of bananas
Enjoy

Combine those two, but be prepared for a tropical smoothie that is a sure winner. Yielded about three quests total. That ought to get those ladies going for the conference.

1 comment: